Call or email TODAY to schedule a tour!
Applications will not be processed until the following forms are submitted to the office:
-Copy of the students most recent report card-Grades 1-8
-Copy of the students most recent test scores-Grades 1-8
-Student Reference Forms - Grades 1-8 (1-teacher, 1-pastor/youth pastor) click here to download
Walnut Creek Christian Academy is open to anyone desiring a Christian education, whom the school finds qualified for admission, and who agrees (and whose parents agree) that he or she shall abide by WCCA's rules. Student selection is also dependent on records of satisfactory academic progress and citizenship. All students must desire to attend WCCA and agree to honestly and wholeheartedly apply themselves to "study to show (themselves) approved unto God" (II Timothy 2:15). They also agree to be courteous and respectful to their peers, staff, faculty, and other daily associates. Attendance at WCCA is a privilege and not a right.
WCCA’s biblical mission is to work in conjunction with the home to develop Christ like students. Therefore, WCCA requires parents and students seeking enrollment, as well as parents and students desiring to maintain enrollment, to support and cooperate with the school’s educational philosophy, statement of faith, objectives, and policies. If it is evident that the attitudes and actions of a student and/or the home do not support the school’s ministry, the school reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse admission of an applicant or to discontinue enrollment of a student.
Priority enrollment privileges are in this order:
1) children of WCCA staff
2) children of members of First Baptist Church of Walnut Creek
3) siblings of students already enrolled at WCCA
4) WCCA Preschool students
5) children of Berean Christian High School staff
6) children of alumni
The process of enrollment prior to final acceptance includes several steps:
- Parents must complete an admission application, furnish references and academic records, sign a Parent/Student Agreement and Pledge of Support, and pay the applicable fees. (See application for details.)
- For kindergarten admission, a child must be 5 years old by September 1.
- All applicants kindergarten through eighth grade are given an entrance assessment. (Students in grades one through eight will also submit current standardized testing results.)
- A parent/student interview with the administrator(s) is conducted to ensure that the family and student:
- desire a Christian education
- support the philosophy and objectives of the school
- demonstrate a willingness to cooperate with WCCA administration and to abide by its policies
- Upon completion of the designated steps, parents are notified as to whether their child has been accepted into the school. PLEASE NOTE: Students may be accepted with conditions (i.e. the student attends summer school, receives tutoring, repeats a grade, etc.).
Students who are accepted in the school must have their files complete and their account current in order for them to begin school on the first day. This includes having completed necessary physical examinations where required. All students must have immunization and emergency information forms on file prior to the first day of school.
All incoming students are admitted on a probationary basis for the first quarter. During this time, teachers monitor the students to assess performance. If deficiencies are noted, a conference may be called to determine a course of action. If the teacher, department head, and principal agree that the deficiencies will likely be corrected, probationary admission may be extended.
WCCA admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origins to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in admissions, policies, scholarships, athletics, and other school-administered programs.